The Scout Section is for young people, usually aged between 10½ and 14 years. A young person can come in to the Troop at 10 and may stay until they are 15 years old. The Scout Troop is the third and final Section in our Scout Group. Scouts are encouraged to take part in a wide range of activities as part of their programme. “Participation” rather than meeting set standards is the key approach and for the Scout who wants to be recognised for his or her achievements there are a number of Challenges Awards and Activity Badges. Scouts take part in a balanced programme that helps them to find out about the world in which they live, encourages them to know their own abilities and the importance of keeping fit and helps develop their creative talents. It also provides opportunities to explore their own values and personal attitudes. Being outdoors is important and half the Programme is given over to taking part in both the traditional Scouting skills, such as camping, survival and cooking as well as the wide range of adventurous activities, anything from abseiling to yachting.
10½ to 14 (can be 15)
- When do we meet ? – Every school term time Monday.
- April 2021 Update: We will return to meetings at the HQ on Monday April 19th.
- Whilst we are meeting during the current pandemic restrictions the following drop-off and pick-up times apply (please see the letter you were sent by your section leader or call them to find out which bubble your young person is in):
- DROP-OFF times:
- Bubble A – drop-off at 19:00
- Bubble B – drop-off at 19:15
- PICK-UP times:
- Bubble A – pick-up at 20:30
- Bubble B – pick-up at 20:45
- Where do we meet ? – 12th Andover (West) HQ, Portway – of course.
- How much does it cost ? – Subscriptions are £40/term or £10/month.
- How can I pay ? – By standing order. See your leaders for more information.
The Scout Promise
On My Honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
* Note that alternatives also exist.
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto: Be prepared